How to Pray for Our Family! And other Missionaries!
2 Corinthians 1:11—Ye also helping together by prayer for us…..
- Pray for Our Physical Needs—2nd Corinthians 4:7, 11:23-28
- Health—Our Son Judson, better eating habits, and more exercise
- Safety—Dangers of extortion, cartels, and gangs
- Rest—Spend time with family, and rest before departing for the field
- Pray for Our Emotional Needs—2nd Corinthians 4:8-9
- Culture Shock—Different language, food, environment, climate, and healthcare
- Loneliness—Goodbye to family, friends, revivals, and our home church. We are very thankful for technology, to be able to keep up with our loved ones once on the field.
- Depression—Lack of support from individuals, lack of people to “talk to”
- Family Relationships—Us missing our parents, our children missing their grandparents, and vice versa
- Pray for Our Spiritual Needs—2nd Corinthians 4:16-18
- Spiritual Growth and Wisdom—Continued growth through our Bible study and direction on how to handle situations that are beyond my control.
- Overcoming Temptation—1st Chronicles 4:10 “….that thou wouldest keep me from evil, that it may not grieve me!” We don’t want to ever compromise or let things slip!
- Being Filled with the Holy Ghost—Prayer, prayer, prayer!
- For Souls to be Saved—Pray God would allow the Gospel to fall on “good ground”, here and in Guatemala.
- Pray for Our Financial Needs—Philippians 4:10-19
- Continued and Faithful Support—God would enable each church to be faithful in their giving for the sake of the Gospel!
- Stewardship—That we would be faithful to make the right purchases with the money God has entrusted us with.
- Special Needs—A dependable 4×4 vehicle that will accommodate our family. We will need around $10,000 for this need. Please help us pray!
I have found even in my own life, it’s difficult to know how to pray for our missionaries. I discovered this outline in a Missions Conference in Florida, and we have found it to be very helpful when praying for missionaries! Stay updated, read their letters, email them, and let them know you are praying for them! Let God use you to be an encouragement and blessing to a missionary!